Gregorian calendar year 2022 is preparing to come to a close and many end-of-year holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Omisoka) celebrations are either under way or are being meticulously planned for. However, amidst the celebrations, personal and/or business end-of-year reflections can begin to dominate our thoughts. While the practice of examining our actions, beliefs, thoughts, and growth areas can lead to positive change while also increasing our self-awareness and emotional intelligence, the reality is that in many ways, whenever any form of performance evaluation occurs, with it comes a myriad of feelings and emotions.
Instead of sitting in the spirits of “rumination”, “regret”, or “doubt” that over-thinking can produce, we encourage you to reflect on your accomplishments and opportunity areas through the lens of your overall health. By health, we are referring to your holistic health — physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and any other related measurement that matters to you.
As you assess through the lens of health, a vital, yet often overlooked measurement, reflect on the following:
- How have you shown up for your overall health in 2022? What improvements or impacts have you experienced as a result?
- Regardless of what the year has brought, what is one thing worth celebrating (*hint* – sleeping more or saying goodbye to toxicity counts)
- What (*hint* – mindsets, beliefs, patterns, anger etc.) are you carrying or holding onto that is no longer serving you?
- Who do you need to leave behind in 2022 to better support your overall health?
- What needs to happen to better support your overall health moving forward? (*hint* – actions and boundaries that need to be in place)
- Who (i.e. specialist, friends, family etc.) do you need and what do you need from them to better support your health? How will you communicate your needs to them?
- What accountability measures do you need in place to support you moving forward?
The question prompts above will help you perform a personal health SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis and in doing so, support you in gaining clarity on how best to leverage the insights to unlock the keys you need for personal optimization. If you need help assessing and want to better set yourself or organization up for optimization in 2023 and beyond, reach out here to partner with us.
We’ll see you back for more #Gems and #Gemisodes in the new year, in the meantime…
Here’s to YOU and a more holistically health focused 2023 and beyond!